Thursday, March 10, 2016

India

India was a dream come true. Watch my first VIDEO.


We spent the first three days of the trip in Hyderabad, with our new friend/tour guide, Dileep, and trusty driver, Swarmy.


We toured film city, where popular Bollywood films are shot.

Watched some Bollywood dancing. They danced to Jai Ho, my favorite Indian song!

Climbed to the top of the Charming with the group (Mackenzie, Elias, me, Maryan, and Karin).

Took a ferry ride out to a buddha statue.

Discovered THE BEST mango juice ever. The look on my face says it all.

Woke up early to visit the market with Dileep.



Went saree shopping.

Dileep is a pro shopper.

Found Baskin Robbins!!! Wow yum ahhhhh happiness.

My first Indian meal. twas SPICY!!!



I loved Hyderabad. The traffic was crazy and the colors were bright. Everywhere we looked we saw something bright! Next up was a 7 hour long road trip to Adasarlapadu, a village in Southern India, for our friend's sisters wedding. We were honored to be invited to this wedding, and they were honored to have us! We were the first EVER foreigners to visit the village.


Pre-wedding henna

Walking around the village as a local celebrity. Took photos, handed out autographs, and practiced English with the kids.

Wedding tent

Asha and Ramakrishna

A love marriage :'-)

DILEEP!!!

Is it too late now to say Saree?

America

This buffalo was wild.



Back in Doha, as my henna fades, I know the memories never will :'-)








P.S. thanks to Karin and Mackenzie for the pictures, I only videoed!