Monday, January 18, 2016

?????

"are seriously going to live in Qatar?"
           -yes

​"when are you going?"
          -mid-January to mid-April

"why are you going??"
          -this super cool family gave me permission to go out and live with them for a semester. I think it is an incredible opportunity and I am beyond excited to be with them and in Doha. I hope to learn a lot about Qatari culture and possibly lasso a camel and keep it as a pet.

"where the heck is Qatar?"
          -please refer to the map. Qatar is located in the Middle Eastern part of Asia on the Persian Gulf.  It is a desert climate.

"what about school?"
          -unfortunately, I will not be able to drop out of school like Harry Potter in search of the horcruxes. Instead, I will enroll in online school for the semester.

"where will you live?"
          -in a super safe compound in Doha, the capital, protected from the rampaging camels that sometimes roam the streets (just kidding)

"are you going to be safe?"
          -yes! However, in case of death , I request that the entire Jonas Brothers soundtrack be played at my funeral. 

"wow, you're so cool." 

           -thanks

"will you bring me back a present?"
          -yes. I will bring anyone that desires a pebble from the Persian Gulf, and lots of camel photos, of course.

All jokes aside, I am so psyched to be heading to Qatar. I hope to share my experiences with my faithful blog readers (you), and get you some insight on the woes and whims of a first-time international traveler. I am so excited!! :-)