Monday, January 18, 2016

ARRIVED!!!


Hey everyone! I'm in Doha, and it's been great so far. Loving everything, especially the warmth. I was in airports for about 24 hours, 12 of those hours were on one plane! I actually loved the long plane ride, mostly because of the unlimited movies and juice delivered straight to my seat. I watched the sun rise... and then set a couple hours later. That was wild. I arrived in Qatar late Wednesday night.

We went to the Villaggio Mall, basically Middle Eastern Vegas! The ceilings looked like the sky and the tops of the stores were like houses. There was also an ice skating rink, a gondola boat ride with running water and boat drivers, and a little amusement park. It was so cute! 


Friday and Saturday are the weekend here. On Friday, we had dinner with some super cool people. We played the ukulele and got serenaded by the Ukranian version of Michael Buble - except better. That was a really fun night.


Saturday we went to the Islamic Museum of Art. It's on a man-made island, designed by I. M. Pei. The architecture is seriously incredible, and definitely my favorite part of the entire building. The artifacts dated as far back as the 10th century. My favorite artifacts always seemed to come from Iran, but other countries featured were Syria, Iraq, and Turkey. The details on some of the items were super intricate, even from so long ago. LOVED IT!!! Here is a little video I put together from the museum.




I've been pretty jet-lagged but I think the worst of it is over! Whew. We are 10 hours ahead here. Download "What's App" and sync your contacts to reach me.